Saturday, May 19, 2007

Yummy!

I have taken a few days off. I spent those torturing myself - yes, I did the laundry!!! It is so nice to see the floor in the laundry room again - almost forgot what it looked like. My problem is not the washing of the laundry but the folding and putting away. I am definitely not the Queen of laundry but the Queen of the clean laundry pile!

I am not the Queen of the garden either it is with a sad heart that I The Unable Gardener report that I am still Unable! I am on the side of the learning curve most people would be ashamed of but I cannot lie - the yard still looks awful. So, I had a load of top soil brought in and will try once more! Yes, I have not been defeated yet! Lord, someone tell me to stay down!

The boys had a Spectacle Du Printemps (Spring Concert) at their school earlier in the week, it is amazing the talent and hard work they put into their final concert. Jacob takes piano as well as plays harmonica, Will sang Dans la Foret (He will start violin in the fall) and Tristen plays violin as well as recorder. Believe me the musical talents come from Dear - not me. The concert was class groups performing together. So good!

We have ordered a new camera and camcorder, it seems we are missing lots of shots. So, hopefully, next week at this time the picture quality will improve!

Here is a recipe for soy milk ice cream that has become popular around our house. With Wills allergy we use soy - you could use a combination of cream and milk if you wanted! Sorry but French keyboard is locked on and I cannot use the regular buttons for some things (Like slash, question mark, quotes .....and on.) so I had to write it out the long way until Dear gets home - NEXT WEEKEND , YEAH!!!!!!

Chocolate Soy Milk Peppermint Ice Cream recipe by me

3 c Chocolate soy milk

4 egg yolks

6 Tbs Sugar

1 quarter tsp peppermint flavoring

1 Tbs Cornstarch

2 handfuls Chocolate chips (Reserve one for the end)

a half cup of peppermint candy (I used candy canes left in the cupboard)

Heat the chocolate soy milk in a saucepan, until just about boiling - melt one handful of chocolate chips in it. Stirring so the chocolate does not stick. Let stand off of heat. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar and peppermint flavoring until lemony coloured. Ladle some of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture stirring than pour into the saucepan, return to heat, cooking until thickened. Cool the custard stirring occasionally then place in fridge (**Alternate method ) After the custard is thoroughly chilled throw in the handful of chocolate chips and candy then place in the ice-cream maker, and let it reach soft ice cream stage - then place in freezer. Enjoy!
**If you want your ice cream finished faster place the saucepan on to a bowl filled with ice, it will cool the custard much faster.


Have you ever noticed that when you make ice cream children come out of no where- I have seven at the house today ! That is a good ice cream day. Have a good ice cream day all!

No comments: