Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Look Back and Laugh





Ok, so here is the thing, life sometimes life throws you a curve and you cannot comprehend at that moment everyone is yelling DUCK right at you! Well it happened to our oldest this week, over the smallest of things, thankfully, his hair. He decided for Mothers Day he would let me cut his hair, no I am not a hairdresser but have always cut the boys hair . Nor did I ask to cut his hair - hair is not a big deal to me, unless you refuse to wash it! He has not had an official hair cut in 2 years, Minus the major back cutting he did himself at Christmas after a parent, Yes an adult, commented he looked like a girl! Insulting for him at 10 yrs old. However, I recall in the stands at a hockey game a parent from the other team commenting on how tough that blond girl is and Jacob the middle son said in reply- That girl is my BROTHER! (He is the one with the sense of humor). So, I cut it, at his request asking - Are you sure about this !??? Yes, Mom....He hated it, although, it was very nice and he wished he had left it that way (The whole hind site thing!). Well, options I can do it again or you can get it done downtown. Downtown Please! Ok – so Mondays in our town all hairdressers are closed! So he stays home – Yes, Dear and I spoke and he thought he should go to school but I let him stay (Having suffered cases of, what I felt were incredibly bad hair cuts myself a time or two.) a mental health day,I said - he is a A+++ student in a school that is completely in his second language –French. He can take a day.

Next day –aaaaaaaa what a mess – The professional (I will use that term lightly) hacked it off!!!!! All of it, after blatantly clear instructions to leave it as long as possible – Well, my hockey playing tough guy lost it - tears everywhere. I could not believe the mess – with the woman stating – What... I give that hair cut to all the young guys who come in here! AAAAAAAAARGH, so we rally at home then head to the barber to have it cut off – I mean all the way. We resigned our selves to the fact it probably could not be saved. But with the gentle hand of a true professional! He managed to keep some of it for him! One of the perks I can actually see his face and His green eyes ( Where does he get those - ask Dear since he has one green eye and the one blue eye!) Oh the drama! Today we can look back and laugh!




You will not believe this - I got a package in the mail!!! With a dress,
perfume and a love note from my Dear! After me going through all that bidding, I get a beautiful summer dress from him - Why did he not tell me! Thank you, thank you, thank you Dear - I love you! Yes, I know how lucky I am. Have a good day everyone.




1 comment:

Dear said...

I hope you are happy with the dress. You took a real nice photo of it. See You Soon. I LOve You with all my Heart. Love Dear.