Monday, May 7, 2007


I have a confession to make ……I am a bad mother… TO OUR DOGS!! Two weeks ago I was ready to throw in the towel- How do golden retriever owners do it – I mean great with the kids, love to swim, run forever (Just not AWAY…for long enough!) but brains…. How completely unfair for them or that was what I was thinking, Until, our dog trainer (Yes, Alex (See picture –says all) goes to school) said his behaviour - all our fault!!! But, but, but we did not get them until they were 2 – they already had bad habits and unfortunately were treated horribly – Our fault! So she says – you have let their behaviours continue – so, I am not liking her attitude – perhaps there is too much truth in it for me! ? We have to pen them, WE have to be rough at times, WE have to make them tough again (Since last owner kicked it out of them), WE HAVE TOO! Now wait a minute – how is that again – WE! What part of that equation will be missing – Dear! Who does not want to lighten our load by 165lbs – the total weight of our 2 golden retrievers . So, Monday nights, Alex and I have a standing night class – with attitude from Mom – Oh and did I mention the S&M looking collar he has now! Totally frightened me but I am no longer being drug (Literally) down the street! Oh and Dear owes me favours – lots of them!!!! That always keeps a smile on my face. Have a good day all!

No comments: