Friday, May 25, 2007

The Dear Project








Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!! It is Friday and Dear is on his way home!!!! The Red eye into Toronto(Arrives 6am) and then another flight home!!!! So tomorrow morning we will be together again – for a month, but we are not thinking of that right now. While he is in the Wild Blue Yonder here are some pictures of the on going Dear project!!! It is a queen size quilt with every ones names hand embroidered on it and some mushy stuff too! I hope to finish it this month before he is off to the next destination. You will notice it is also my banner picture . Over the next month all I have to do is get it together.....ya that is all. The picture above is taken from behind - it looks like stained glass. A lot of work but worth it. The backing will be flannel perfect for those northern nights. No pattern made it up as I went- sorry for those who asked.



Today is a busy day, I am going to put the icing on the cake using this recipe for Italian Butter Cream http://cafejohnsoniarecipes.blogspot.com/2007/03/amateur-cake-decorating-101.html . The cake Lindsey shows here is almost identical to the birthday cake I made for Will. The is my new favorite icing, all that butter mmmmmm do not use anything but real butter mmmm. It takes colour really well but does need to be cool not one to take out on a hot, hot day to a picnic and leave it sitting around. I may post pictures of the cake later minus the royal icing do das - I did not make those this time - they are easy as well. The only problem is leaving them laying out with 3 boys running around! This is how it went at our house:

Mom; Who took the Cake things?

Boys; Not us Mom!

Mom; Ok, tongues out - all of them blue!

See what I mean - Place them up high to dry.
I will head off now and get that icing made. Have a good day all. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dear - I do not know if I will post for the next few days! We will see.

No comments: