Tuesday, July 17, 2007


Hi, my second post of the day. I just had the most interesting conversation at the pool with a mom who just had her second baby. We talked about breast feeding and people. She and I are from the same school anywhere anytime but with that comes people who, invariably, feel they can tell you where and when you can breastfeed. I breast fed all of our boys for 2yrs each, as most of you know. Some people commented - Don't you think it is time to stop now? or Men comments - Lucky kid! (Noticeably absent - the wife who would not so gently give him a good cuff in the head!). But pregnancy gives a whole other set of rules - people think they can comment on your weight, touch you and give you unsolicited advice. I had a woman in Church, no less, ask if I was pregnant or just fat! The woman I spoke with at the pool was given a weight loss book by her minister - for after the baby came! Although, that part of my life is done, sometimes I think - Look at that little bundle with wishful inklings (No, Dear!) But then sanity returns, usually in the form of MMMMOOOMMMMMM! I snap to reality and think....wow, those days are done, thankfully. Bring on the Grand kids - not anytime soon! I always tell the boys - first you have to finish school, University, College, have a good job then you could look at finding a nice girl of whom Mom should approve ( Yeah, Right! Dreaming, it is so fun!) . I can only hope that I can be half the mother and Grandmother my Grandmother (She raised me) continues to be in my life and now my husband and boys lives. The picture me with our third - used as a model portrait in the area where we use to live. I am glad I had the pictures done! Have a good day all. If you are pregnant you will get through it - enjoy it - most of all sleep now! If you know some one who is ask before you touch, it is common courtesy and really like I tell the boys think before you speak - you cannot take it back once it is out there. Dear, I miss you!

No comments: