Friday, March 28, 2008

Hey!

Taxes are done!! First time I ever used Quick Tax but it is exactly that, done and filed on the same day - nice.

The boys got their report cards yesterday....Yeah, they were great!! I have been less that happy with the school, recently, but I am glad the boys are doing well. Really , it is bad to say, I feel the move will be good for the boys school wise, they just do not have the programs here in Ontario.


I thought I would write about what I have been reading. Dear got me 2 books for Christmas and I just finished both, the flood set me back. The one to the left Cloud of Bone by Bernice Morgan (Canadian also wrote Random Passage - made into a movie) is interesting, to be honest the ending left me wanting but the premise is appealing. What really caught Dear, because he knew I would be interested in it, is the history of the beothuk (Newfoundland Natives who were decimated during settlement). If you like history it may be a read for you. The other is by one of my favorite authors A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. If you are familiar with her you will see from the picture I have all of her books. Really, a shameless, self indulgent read about a love that crosses time, I find it entertaining and engaging. It has a historical foundation as well. Well, what else could you expect form a woman who likes to arrange vacations, moves or traveling around forts and historical settlements! The boys seem to be interested ,as well, there is always just enough excitement for them in the cannons, soldiers and native hunting and life skills. The boys, just like Dear and I, are amazed by the strength of this countries settlers but really interested in the natives survival and life skills. You really have to admire their commitment to the earth and its resources.


What is the next read? It may be Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos it was a National bestseller I had never heard of it, it is also a book that Dear picked up for me. I will let you know what it is all about from the cover I thought it was a self help book - I do not get into those but I picked it up again and actually read the prologue- Can’t judge a book by its cover! It may be quite interesting and guess what - ho history!


Well, the laundry and floors are calling. I am trying to clean and declutter for the sale of the house. Hi Dear, I miss you and will talk to you later. Have a good day all, I hope you have a good book to read too.

No comments: