Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hockey school is over!

So, it came to an end and I realized that hockey shots look alike for the most part (Sports photographer aficionado I am not!). I also realize I did not like the mornings 6am and by late afternoon (Sitting and watching and waiting-However, I found I am not good at that either....walk, walk, walk - I have to be moving, so the other Moms mentioned.) I was tired. The boys, however, were pumped, after 3 hours of exercise (2hrs on ice and 1 hr off) they were ready for the day. The pictures above - Tristen wide open, Right Jake got a goal (Then pretended to faint!) and Will emerging from the morning mist on the rink surface.


Meal times were a challenge (We left the house at 7am and returned @ 4pm), as soon as you step into the arena greasy fries beckon and call your name but I brought the cooler and made lunches every night for the following day...yeah, not the idea the boys had in mind but better for them. Yes, I did allow them one day of fries! For dinners, I brought the trusty slow cooker out - roast beef one night, beef stew next day ect..

SO, speaking of cooking...I have gotten away with a few sneaky tricks as of late concerning rising the vegetable consumption of the boys. Note pie to the right, Yes that is a whole wheat crust, but more than that it is a sweet potato and squash pie - passed off as pumpkin! Is it a lie if a promise to tell them later, years later, but you know later? I never thicken gravy with corn starch or flour I hand blend in lots of veggies to thicken it - it is still gravy but with at least 2 -3 servings of veggies. Yes, I will tell them later.....when they have children. For dinner last night quiche (Below).






No comments: